Discover Community Together
What We Believe
- We believe that God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are one God.
- We believe God created the universe by His Power and Word.
- We believe that God is all knowing, all-powerful and ever-present.
- We believe Jesus Christ was sent by God the Father into the world to save sinners.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was virgin born, sinless in life and mighty in words and deeds.
- We believe Jesus was both God and man; He was crucified for our sins, and was bodily raised from the dead. He then ascended to His Father’s side where He is head of the church and intercedes for believers.
- We believe Jesus Christ is coming again personally, visibly and bodily to reign as Lord.
ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a person, is God, and has all the divine characteristics. He indwells all believers, baptizes and seals them at the moment of salvation. He fills them in response to confession of sin and surrender to Him.
ABOUT THE BIBLE
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, divinely inspired; that it contains no errors in the original manuscripts and is preserved by God for us; it is authoritative for this church and each of us for every age.
- We believe that Jesus, through His death on the cross, provided salvation for all. However, to receive salvation one must repent of sin and trust Jesus Christ alone. The true believer is eternally secure and cannot lose his salvation. He may, however, lose his joy by sin and bring the loving discipline of the Father upon himself.
- All who have received Christ will at death depart to be with Christ in their spirits and at Christ’s return, receive a new body, which will be like His glorious body.
- We believe that baptism is a picture and an illustration—a symbolic act. Baptism by immersion best illustrates the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ on our behalf and our subsequent faith in Him. It is not necessary for salvation but is strongly associated with salvation, as it best illustrates our new identity with Jesus Christ.
- We believe in believer’s baptism. A person must first exercise faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died for their sins, was buried and rose from the dead. An infant or person who does not understand God’s plan of salvation cannot make that kind of commitment. The Scriptural order is belief first, followed by baptism. Baptism is limited to those who have personally believed in Jesus Christ as Savior.
ABOUT THE LORD’S SUPPER
- The Lord’s Supper is an ordinance of the church. It was instituted when the Lord had the Passover meal before His crucifixion. We observe the Lord’s Supper on a regular basis in remembrance of Jesus Christ’s atonement for our sins.
- We believe it is a proclamation of His death and an assurance of His second coming. We ask only those who have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ to participate in the Lord’s Supper. The elements of bread and grape juice are used as symbols of Christ’s body that was broken and His blood that was shed for the remission of our sins.
ABOUT THE CHURCH
- We believe a New Testament church is a local body of baptized believers who have agreed together to worship Jesus Christ, edify the believers, evangelize the lost and minister to others.
- The church has two ordinances: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism symbolizes the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the new life we have in Him. The Lord’s Supper is a reminder of Christ’s death and anticipates His second coming.
For more detailed Statement of Faith – http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp