- This event has passed.
Internet Safety Presentation
June 5 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
How do you keep your child safe?
• 95% of teens now say they have access to a smartphone
• 84% of teens say they have access to a game console at home
• 90% of teens say they play video games either on a computer, game console, or cellphone
• 45% of teens say they are online almost constantly
• 59% of teens have been the target of cyberbullying
• 25% of teens have received explicit images that they didn’t ask for
Statistics like these are alarming to parents!
Join us for an evening with Ms. Jamila Bynon, United States Department of Justice Prosecutor as she shares ways we can protect our children from internet predators.
What will you learn?
• How recently convicted internet predators use internet tricks to gain the trust of your children.
• How to set up protections on your child’s devices and in your home.
• How to set appropriate limits with screen time.
• Laws that are in place to protect our children.
• Bring your child’s devices to investigate apps and privacy setting.