Discover Community Together
WHAT IS A SERVICE LIKE?
Each service begins with energetic and inspiring music played by a live band. Our auditorium setting is contemporary with creative multi-media elements designed to make it easy to follow along and participate during each song. You will then hear a message based on the Bible that you can take with you and apply to your life that week. The heart of our church is to help people grow. It is our hope and goal that the message will encourage and challenge you.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN I VISIT FOR THE FIRST TIME?
If you are visiting for the first time, we will not embarrass you, have you stand up, or ask you to give money. We know that many people want to check out the church and “be anonymous” for awhile—and that’s fine with us! Come in, enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, and see if this is the church for you.
WILL I HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING, SIGN ANYTHING OR BE SINGLED OUT IN ANY WAY?
- You won’t be put on the spot.
- You won’t have to wear a name badge or be singled out in any way.
- You don’t even have to sing along if you don’t feel comfortable.
- You’re not expected to give when we receive the offering.
- We have a care and communication card available in the service to fill out in case you have questions, need prayer or are interested in any of our events or resources. This card is only used to help us serve you better and keep you informed of church-wide events and activities. You will not be spammed.
WHAT CAN I WEAR?
We want you to feel comfortable. Whether that means jeans and a t-shirt, business casual or suit and tie, as long as you are actually wearing clothes, you will fit right in.
WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?
We believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that the Bible is the Word of God. Our goal is to serve you in any way possible to help you grow.
We are members of the Southern Baptist Convention. You can view a detailed statement of what we believe here.
HOW CAN I MEET OTHERS AND GET CONNECTED?
There are many ways to get involved. You can begin by attending our Growth Track. Small groups are another great way to connect. In each of these, you can build friendships, learn more about the life of our church, and have the opportunity to grow in your faith.
WHY DO YOU HAVE SMALL GROUPS?
Small groups are an important part of Youngsville Community; in fact, you haven’t fully experienced the church until you’ve experienced our small groups. Groups allow you to meet other members and develop relationships that will spur your relationship with God. As Youngsville Community Church grows, groups allow us to “stay small” and connected. Groups are available for all ages and interests—there’s bound to be one that’s just right for you. Learn more about why we’re big on small groups.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED IN A SMALL GROUP?
One of the easiest things to do at Youngsville Community is to participate in a small group. Groups meet throughout South Lafayette Parish and provide a place for Bible study, fellowship, and support. Wherever you live, there’s a small group near you.
HOW CAN I BE DISCIPLED AND GROW?
Our desire is to see you become a fully-devoted follower of Christ. Our Discover YCC class offers the tools necessary to make this happen in your life.
WHAT ABOUT MY KIDS?
- On Sunday mornings we have options for kids from birth through sixth grade.
- There is a nursery for newborns and toddlers. Our caregivers sing worship songs and pray over your precious little ones.
- There’s plenty for your 3-5 year old children to look forward to in our pre-school program. They’ll have playtime, snacks and a variety of fun activities. There’s also an age-focused service each week where they’ll sing worship songs, learn values through creative and interactive telling of Bible stories.
- The 1st-5th grade students have an especially active worship service. Then they break into age-specific groups to help them apply what they learned in the service.
- There is a check-in system at the front of the Student Building to make dropping off your kids an easy and secure process. You are welcome to sit in with them. You will get to see our staff and volunteers bring the Bible to life for your children in exciting and creative new ways.
- You will be given a unique tag upon check-in. You will need that parent tag to get your child after the service
I HAVE OLDER KIDS, WHERE DO THEY GO?
Students 6th through 12th grade are part of our regular worship services on Sunday morning. Students meet on Sunday mornings at 10:30 am and Wednesday evenings at 5:00 pm.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
Youngsville Community is located at 4129 Verot School Road. Click here for map.